The Anthony Wayne hockey team completed another spectacular regular season!
- First place in the White National division, for the 2nd year in a row.
- An 11-1 record in league play, with an average of 6 goals for and 1 goal against per game. The Generals had 5 shutouts in league play and allowed zero goals in league games in the month of January (4 games).
- In non-league play outside of holiday tournaments, the Generals went 7-1.
- AW’s overall regular season record was 19-9.
- Over half of the goals and assists came from the Sophomore class. The Seniors contributed about one-third of the offense.
- Every skater tallied at least 1 point.
Individually, Anthony Wayne was led by:
- Brad Hood, with the team lead in goals (32), points (52), and had the team’s only short-handed goals (3).
- Drew Seals scored the most points (30) in league games and was 2nd overall (44).
- Joel Semancik recorded the most assists (26).
- Zach Knapp was the top blueliner, netting 15 goals, 6 on the power play.
- Zack Conrad was the top-scoring freshman, averaging a point a game.
- Sam Thomas gave up only 11 goals in 11 league games and averaged 2.5 goals against overall.
Next up for the hockey team are the OHSAA District and NHC White division tournaments. Our first playoff game is Thursday vs. Perrysburg (6pm, Tam-O-Shanter).
Check out the brackets below to chart our playoff journeys.